General Rules Clarifications
1. Jokull - gets no defenders, any card colour allows appropriate units to move into it, latter can also retreat there.
2. Maelstrom - clarify rules, no unit can either move or be forced to move into the Maelstrom, if it spins with a defender in it, that unit is destroyed. Make a spinning Maelstrom marker?
3. A character that is held in a player reserve cannot be affected by fate cards until it is deployed.
4. When attacking Defender Units, there is limited combat - see 2-page rules.
5. Thief - cannot steal mana if player has none, i.e. at start of game. Players cannot have negative mana. Mana is stolen by adding mana to thief owner's mana on the mana track and deducting from target player's mana on the mana track.
6. Move two areas - this ability allows a stack to bypass an intervening stack of defenders, but not an opposing player's stack.
7. Maelstrom - this is a black area for game purposes.
8. Maelstrom - with new actions rules, if a player occupies the Maelstrom when a 10 or 11 is rolled, that player receives a Crystals (8/5) card before any units are destroyed.
9. Refresh abilities on re-building. With new abilities rules, if you re-build a unit that had used an ability, the ability is refreshed, e.g. an assassin has used their skill, gets killed, gets re-built, their assassin ability is re-charged, i.e. available.
10. Retreating - You must retreat to a friendly area if possible. If you cannot, then the next option is an area with defenders in it. If you cannot do either of these, the last resort is to retreat into an opponent owned area.
11. Redeploying - When you redeploy at the end of a round, you do not have to reveal what unit you are moving, just that you are moving a unit.
1. Mac MacMac – Old Rogue rules – revise
2. Black Cruickshanks – Weather reference, revise
3. Eilidh Jensdottir - Card has 4 Strength, but the corresponding unit token has 5 Strength. 4 is correct.
1. Fire symbol doesn't look like fire?
2. If revising map, make area corner boundaries clearer.
3. Need to add about 18 defender units to cover 2-player on standard map. Temp fix for now, leave distant areas empty and fill with dead defenders when anyone gets there or seas only get 1 defender.
4. Make Maelstrom area darker.
1. NO FACTION MARKERS.
Don't hide units under your faction marker, only use to them to denote Fate Beasties or Characters when required. You can see your units more easily, so can your opponents!
Fate Cards - Clarifications / amendments
1. Fate Card 038 - Faerie Tricks, cannot force a unit into the Maelstrom.
2. Fate Card 063 - Abandoned Ship, you may only move one of your own units.
3. Fate Card 051 - Rastler Tasler - once deployed and 'owned' by one player, any subsequently DRAWN will join with the original unit. There are 3 of these cards.
4. Fate Card 073 - Water Wyrm, can move two areas, as do any units stacked with it. (CHECK THIS)
5. Fate Card 065 - Burial Mound, change reference from blue to purple.
6. Fate Card 021 - Unseelie Court - text is the same as for Seelie Court, +/- effects should be the reverse of what is written. Cannot be used in combat.
7. Fate Card 020 - Seelie Court. Cannot be used in combat.
8. Fate Card 040 – Clever Sheep. Check combat strength
9. Fate Card 043 - Card says Changeling, unit piece has Shape Shifter, change to latter.
10. Fate Cards 062, 064 - Huldra/kall.'Seduce character' is only from an opponents deployed character, i.e. one with a unit on the board. Character is placed in the seducing player reserve ready for deployment following normal rules.
Fate Cards - Proposed New Cards, to replace weather cards, plus drowned land
1. Fate Card 001 (Purple) - Rain.
2. Fate Card 001 (Green) - Rain.
3. Fate Card 001 (Yellow) - Rain.
4. Fate Card 001 (Blue) - Rain.
Foiled! - The Norns take an interest for some obscure reason. You may prevent one opponent from the playing of one newly declared fate card for the duration of their turn. The target card remains in the players hand, this Foiled! card is discarded on use.
5. Fate Card 002 (Green) - Dreich.
6. Fate Card 002 (Red) - Dreich.
Snow Hag - STR2, Character. Can drain mana from one character, place token on victim and you score their mana value on your turn and not their owner on theirs. Ice player characters are immune.
7. Fate Card 003 (Red) - Snow.
Fey sell-sword. STR 5, Character. Once per combat can be bribed to swap sides at cost of 2 mana or stopped from doing so for 3 mana. After the battle, normal stack limits apply and, if exceeded, the sell-sword must be moved to your player reserve.
8. Fate Card 004 (Yellow) - Thunderstorm.
Ancient pathways. You may move any two units anywhere within the areas you currently control.
Sea Hag - STR3, Character. If she rebels, then she buggers off (lose two health) as she is difficult to control, can move two areas with stack if one of them is sea, immune to Maelstrom effects. Can drain mana from one character, place token on victim and you score their mana value on your turn and not their owner on theirs.
10. Fate Card 006 (Yellow) - Haar.
11. Fate Card 006 (Blue) - Haar.
Will-o-the-Wisp - draw one unit away from combat, unit loses one health, takes no part in combat, returns to stack after combat completed, but before any retreat.
12. Fate Card 007 (Purple) - Sunny.
13. Fate Card 007 (Green) - Sunny.
14. Fate Card 007 (Yellow) - Sunny.
15. Fate Card 007 (Blue) - Sunny.
Rastler Tasler, as standard rules.
16. Fate Card 008 (Purple) - Rainbow.
17. Fate Card 008 (Green) - Rainbow.
18. Fate Card 008 (Yellow) - Rainbow.
19. Fate Card 008 (Blue) - Rainbow.
Treachery - In combat, you may bribe one fate card unit to join your side for the battle and beyond. This costs the unit strength in mana points. After the battle, normal stack limits apply and, if exceeded, the treacherous unit must be moved to your reserve.
20. Fate Card 022 (Black) - Drowned Land.
Sea Troll - STR 6, Character. If it rebels, than it buggers off (lose two health) as it is difficult to control, can move two areas with stack if one of them is sea, immune to Maelstrom effects.